Do you need a Twitch Intermission Screen for Twitch, YouTube, or Facebook Gaming?
An intermission screen is a stream screen that is displayed during a break in a live stream. It is typically used to inform viewers that the stream will be back shortly or to provide information about the stream or the streamer. Some common elements of an intermission screen include a countdown timer, the stream chat, a banner or logo, and social media links. Intermission screens can keep viewers engaged and informed during breaks in the stream and can be customized to fit the theme or branding of the stream.
How do I set up an Intermission Screen?
There are multiple different ways to set up an intermission screen for your stream:
- Use your streaming software: Most streaming software, like OBS Studio or XSplit, have an intermission screen feature that you can use. To use it, create or buy a screen and set it up as an “intermission scene.” Switch to this scene when you go on break to display your intermission screen.
- Use an intermission screen tool: There are several third-party tools and services that you can use to create and display an intermission screen during your stream. Some popular choices are Streamlabs, OBS Studio, and XSplit.
- Display a static image or video: You can always use a normal image or video as your intermission screen. It does not need to be a specialized screen.
No matter which method you choose, test your intermission screen setup before going live to ensure it works as intended.
How do I test my Intermission Screen Setup before going live?
To test your intermission screen, you can preview your stream in your streaming software to ensure that the intermission screen is displayed correctly. You can also check that no audio is playing during the intermission screen. Additionally, you can test the transition between the intermission screen and the regular stream to ensure it’s smooth and seamless. Finally, you can preview your stream on a few different devices to ensure that the intermission screen looks good on all of them.
Here are a few steps you can follow to test your intermission screen before going live:
- Preview your stream: In your streaming software, switch to the intermission screen scene and preview your stream to ensure the intermission screen is displayed correctly.
- Check the audio: Make sure no audio is playing during the intermission screen. You want your viewers to be clear of unwanted audio while waiting for the stream to resume.
- Test the transition: Return to your usual streaming scene and ensure the transition between the intermission screen and the regular stream is smooth and seamless.
- Check the display on different devices: Preview your stream on a few different devices, such as a computer, phone, and tablet, to confirm that the intermission screen looks good on all of them.
- Make any necessary adjustments: If you notice any issues with your intermission screen setup, make the necessary adjustments and test until everything works as intended.
Remember to test that your intermission screen is set up correctly before you go live to give yourself enough time to make any necessary adjustments. This will help ensure your intermission screen runs smoothly during your live streams.
What elements should be displayed on my twitch intermission screen?
When making an intermission screen, it is important to have elements that will keep your viewers engaged and informed while waiting for your stream to continue. Some standard components are a banner or logo, social media links, a message or greeting, and a call to action. In addition, consider including stream labels, a countdown timer, and any other relevant information or links that interest your viewers. Of course, the specific elements you include on your intermission screen will depend on your goals and preferences. However, here’s a list of the most common elements that you might consider including:
- A banner or logo can help brand your intermission screen and give it a professional look.
- Social media links encourage your viewers to engage with you on social media and remain connected with you outside of the stream.
- A message or greeting helps personalize your intermission screen and makes it feel more welcoming to your viewers.
- Stream labels let your viewers see recent followers, donators, subscribers, or supporters of your twitch stream.
- A call to action: This can be a button or link promoting a specific action, such as subscribing to your channel or following you on social media.
- A countdown timer: Some streamers also use timers to help let their viewers know when the stream will resume and keep them engaged while they wait.
Remember to keep your intermission screen simple and easy to read, and avoid including too much information or clutter. This will help ensure that your intermission screen is compelling and engaging for your viewers.
Resources to create your own Intermission screen
If you’re new to streaming, you might be tempted to create your own intermission screen. However, we advise against it because it can take up some time. Furthermore, to create a stream screen with animations that match the standards of the best, you need years of experience using various tools.
Nevertheless, there are many resources available that you can use to create an intermission screen for your stream. Some options include graphics design software like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, Video-Editing-Software like Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro, and online platforms like Canva or Piktochart. Here are a few resources that you can use to create an intermission screen for your live stream:
- Canva: Canva is a popular graphic design tool that offers a range of templates and design elements that you can use to create an intermission screen. It’s easy to use and has a wide variety of customization options.
- Adobe Express: Adobe Express, formerly Adobe Spark, is a graphic design tool that allows you to create professional-looking designs, including intermission screens. It offers a wide range of templates and design elements. It is easy to use even if you have little design experience.
- GIMP: GIMP is a free and open-source image editor that you can use to create and customize your intermission screen. It’s various features and tools can help you create a high-quality intermission screen.
- Adobe Photoshop: Photoshop is a professional image editing software that offers a wide range of features and tools that you can use to create and customize your intermission screen. It’s a more advanced option that may be better suited to users with some design experience.
- Adobe Premiere: Adobe Premiere is a video editing software widely used by film and video industry professionals. It offers a broad range of features and tools for editing, and more, making it a strong and versatile tool for creating video content with very high quality. Adobe Premiere is available for both Mac and Windows. It also offers an advanced version called Premiere Pro.
- Piktochart: Piktochart is a web-based platform that allows users to create professional-quality graphics and visual presentations. It offers a wide range of templates and design tools, making it easy for users to create visually appealing graphics and presentations even if they have limited design experience.
- Online intermission screen generators: There are also several online intermission screen generators that you can use to create an intermission screen quickly and easily. Some options include Placeit and Snappa.
There are many tools and resources available that you can use to create an intermission screen for your stream. When selecting one, it is essential to choose a tool that is easy to use, as this will help make the process of creating the intermission screen more efficient and streamlined. It is also vital to ensure that the tool or resource you choose offers the features and customization options needed to create a high-quality intermission screen that meets your needs and requirements.
The best intermission screens we have to offer.
At twitch-overlay, we offer some of the best stream intermission screens on the market that will keep your viewers engaged and informed during breaks in your stream. So take advantage of the opportunity to take your stream to the next level.
The Neon Lights intermission screen is a visually stunning and eye-catching choice for your live stream. It features bright neon lights that will grab the attention of your viewers. The neon lights intermission screen is particularly well-suited to streams with a futuristic or edgy theme. It evokes a high-energy, modern vibe.
The Sea of Stars intermission screen is a beautiful and mesmerizing choice for your live stream. This screen features a backdrop of twinkling stars above a beautiful ocean and has a peaceful, calming atmosphere. The SEA OF STARS intermission screen is an excellent choice to create a relaxing and peaceful break for your viewers during your stream.
The Nebula Galaxy intermission screen is a stunning and visually impressive choice for your live stream. It features a backdrop of swirling, colorful nebulae and galaxies, creating a sense of wonder and awe. The NEBULA GALAXY intermission screen is an outstanding choice to create a dramatic and otherworldly atmosphere for your stream.
The Inner Sanctum twitch Intermission Screen includes captivating artwork that will transport your viewers into another world. This intermission screen features dramatic lighting, bold color contrasts, and high-quality graphics that will grab your audience’s attention. With its unique and eye-catching design, the Inner Sanctum Intermission Screen is the ideal way to make a statement and stand out from the competition during breaks in your stream.
The Milkyway intermission screen is a stunning, eye-catching design that impresses your viewers. This intermission screen features a beautiful blue and purple color scheme that evokes the feeling of gazing at the night sky. The design is inspired by a star cluster in the galaxy. The quality graphics and detailed artwork create an immersive and otherworldly atmosphere. Whether you are a fan of space-themed streams or want to add visual interest to your breaks, the Milkyway intermission screen is a great choice.
If you want to add an intermission screen to your live stream, check out our website’s shop section for a wide range of options. We offer a variety of intermission screens to suit different themes and styles, including neon, starry, simple, elegant, and cosmic options. No matter what type of intermission screen you’re looking for, you will find something that fits your needs in our shop.
Do you Want a Free Twitch Intermission Screen?
The Free Intermission Screen from the Quantum bundle is a sight to behold. Dive into a futuristic setting with this fantastically designed intermission screen. Queue times will be over in no time. Entertain your viewership with this breathtaking and free intermission screen.
The free intermission screen from the Free Amber Bundle is a customizable design you can use to fill the gap between queue times or other content on their channels. The Amber bundle is unique and eye-catching for new and seasoned streamers alike. If you are looking for an intermission screen, the free intermission screen from the amber bundle is perfect for you.
Conclusion, do you need a twitch Intermission screen?
An intermission screen is a valuable tool for live streamers to use during breaks in their stream to keep their viewers engaged and informed. There are several methods to set up an intermission screen, including streaming software’s built-in feature, a third-party tool, or displaying a static image or video. Testing your intermission screen setup before going live is essential to ensure it works as intended. Of course, the specific elements you include on your intermission screen will depend on your goals and preferences. Still, some common elements include a banner or logo, social media links, a message or greeting, and a call to action. By using an intermission screen effectively, you can keep your viewers engaged and help maintain a professional image for your stream. In addition to creating your own intermission screen, you can also consider purchasing a high-quality one from a professional design website. These websites often offer a wide range of customizable intermission screens that you can use for your stream. Many of them are created by experienced designers who understand the needs and preferences of streamers. Buying an intermission screen from a professional can save you time and effort. In addition, it helps ensure your stream is of high quality and looks professional.